FPSTerminator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costume, Cover, and Achivement System

+2
Drakel101
Nerdman3000
6 posters

Go down

Costume, Cover, and Achivement System Empty Costume, Cover, and Achivement System

Post  Nerdman3000 Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 am

Some games have a costume system, so I thought why not have a costume system so if you kill a certian number of a certian Terminator or collect a hidden Terminator CPU Hologram, you unlock costume of different characters or even movie characters.

Second why not have a cover system, where you hid behind something, and when you do, you see in third person, similar to a James Bond Game that came out 2 years ago called Quantum of Solace. Plus maybe players should have the option of playing in third-person. I know the game is called FPS Terminator, but it's a nice idea to me.

We should have an Achivement System so players get badges in the game for doing certian things.

All of this is for players to have more of a goal system after they finish the story part of the game.
Nerdman3000
Nerdman3000
Admin

https://fpsterminator.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Costume, Cover, and Achivement System Empty Re: Costume, Cover, and Achivement System

Post  Drakel101 Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 am

Costumes don't really matter and removes the seriousness of the game.

Cover systems aren't needed and the majority of the cover in the game is slanted or jagged so a 3rd person view would look odd, as well as taking more coding and animations.

You don't really need achievements and in any case that would require more coding as well.

For a single player game you can keep players interested just by continuing development adding the odd level or just patching it whenever there's a major problem. Or making a multiplayer/co-op element.
Drakel101
Drakel101

Back to top Go down

Costume, Cover, and Achivement System Empty Re: Costume, Cover, and Achivement System

Post  xalener Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 am

Drakel101 wrote:Costumes don't really matter and removes the seriousness of the game.

Not really if the costumes themselves are serious.
xalener
xalener

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Costumes of different characters wouldn't be serious though.

Unlocking different outfits that would be "realistic" and within the canon (e.g. your character gets body armour that looks like salvaged SWAT or he gets something like the Resistance jacket from Salvation) would be cool.
Drakel101
Drakel101

Back to top Go down

Post  xalener Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Yeah. That's more in line with what I was thinking... But I don't see the point of a single player only FPS game having character customization...

It's like if there was character customization in Half life(2).
xalener
xalener

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:11 am

If at some point you had friendly AI that followed you you could customize them?

I don't know the original idea wasn't mine.

Drakel101
Drakel101

Back to top Go down

Post  NarlyTeeth Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:40 pm

There will be no option for third person. hence the name.
NarlyTeeth
NarlyTeeth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vikingo Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Drakel101 wrote:If at some point you had friendly AI that followed you you could customize them?

I don't know the original idea wasn't mine.

oh! really hope to have some kind of AI helping partners in game, nice one!

Vikingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson_Raptor Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm

NarlyTeeth wrote:There will be no option for third person. hence the name.

Truer words were never spoken, lol. Smile
Crimson_Raptor
Crimson_Raptor

http://www.bf2029.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down