FPSTerminator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminator Animated Film?

Go down

Would you watch it?

Terminator Animated Film? I_vote_lcap0%Terminator Animated Film? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Terminator Animated Film? I_vote_lcap100%Terminator Animated Film? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Terminator Animated Film? Empty Terminator Animated Film?

Post  Nerdman3000 Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:21 pm

According to TotalFilm, Hannover and Red Bear Entertainment have announced their newest plans for the Terminator franchise. With a $70 million budget, they plan on creating an animated Terminator film, but at this time, they've been given a cease and desist letter from the company that owns the rights, stopping all pre-production on the film.

Although the story, and most of its elements, are on the hush-hush at the moment, the Canadian based companies will be making a 3D animated film using the characters from the original films. Further plans about this film will be announced next year, and they hope to get things rolling in early 2011.

Will we finally get that Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan version of a Terminator film we've all been waiting for, and hoped Terminator Salvation would have been? Before you get too excited, it may not happen.

According to Deadline, the companies recently received a cease and desist letter on this project, meaning the company has to stop... everything. According to the letter, neither of these production companies hold any of the rights to the franchise or its characters, nor did the owners of this franchise know anything about this film until they read it on the internet. Erik Parkinson of Hannover had this to say:

We've arranged a meeting, we'll show them our money and if the rational brain prevails, they'll take the deal. If not, I can't do it without them... At least we now have our meeting. I hope they will can think outside the box, because if we can make a movie that delivers a $20 million to $30 million rights payment, that is an income source they didn't realize was possible. If not, it was a good idea anyway.
So, although this project is at a complete stop, there's still a small chance something could happen if this meeting takes, but as of now, we will not be seeing an animated Terminator film. Would you like to see an animated Terminator film?
Nerdman3000
Nerdman3000
Admin

https://fpsterminator.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum