FPSTerminator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plasma Weapon Converstions

3 posters

Go down

Plasma Weapon Converstions Empty Plasma Weapon Converstions

Post  Nerdman3000 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:46 am

A friend of mine named Danny suggested that we have all types of weapons converted into plasma, like a Plasma Rock Laugher, a Plasma Pistol, and a Plasma Shotgun. It's an idea so why not look into it.
Nerdman3000
Nerdman3000
Admin

https://fpsterminator.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Plasma Weapon Converstions Empty Re: Plasma Weapon Converstions

Post  Drakel101 Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:11 pm

A plasma pistol - Okay idea, I'd sort of prefer the idea that in the robot apocalypse they would just carry a very high calibre revolver or magnum rather than a plasma pistol but that's just me.

A plasma shotgun - Plasma weaponry can't work how a shotgun does unless you're talking about slugs, in which case there's no point in making it a shotgun rather than just a rifle as they;d be the same thing. A shotgun fires a large amount of small pieces of metal and plasma just can't work like that. Also a shotgun in my opinion wouldn't be very effective against a Terminator as the force becomes distributed between all the pellets meaning it would probably not get through the endo-skeleton unless at very close range where the pellets most useful feature would be the ability to just have that much stopping power semi-stunning the machine.

A plasma rocket launcher - They have these on some Skynet vehicles so I'd consider it very plausible that the Resistance would just take some downed ones and convert them into handheld or two-man weapons though I'd still assume the majority would be normal explosives as they're much easier to produce.
Drakel101
Drakel101

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdman3000 Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

Well maybe a Plasma Shotgun works differently then a normal shotgun, maybe it works similar to a railgun.

I have seen a image of Kyle Reese using a pistol in the future that was similar to the one the Terminator has in the original film which had been a laser pointed pistol. Though it never showed if it used plasma. My thought though is that Plasma pistols woulden't be as powerful as a Plasma Rifle. If anything these Plasma Pistols were likely only used if they have nothing else.

Plasma Weapon Converstions T1_Kyle_Reese_2029
Nerdman3000
Nerdman3000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Because I'm pedantic with technical terms I'd like to point out that a railgun fires magnetic projectiles with a series of electromagnets organised to pull the chosen ammunition forwards and then to turn off as it passes through the magnet to maximise power. Plasma is highly-charged ionized gas which is created, mainly, by lasers and therefore not with any form of railgun.

If you had a plasma pistol, a plasma automatic rifle and a plasma rifle (as in semi-automatic high power high recoil) that could work. Also in the photo it looks sort of like a scoped, sci-fi uzi.
Drakel101
Drakel101

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdman3000 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Drakel101 wrote:Because I'm pedantic with technical terms I'd like to point out that a railgun fires magnetic projectiles with a series of electromagnets organised to pull the chosen ammunition forwards and then to turn off as it passes through the magnet to maximise power. Plasma is highly-charged ionized gas which is created, mainly, by lasers and therefore not with any form of railgun.

First of All Plasma is the forth state of matter, it's not a gas. Theirs solid, liquid, gas, and plasma. Plasma makes up stars and is rarely found on earth. Plus plasma can be condensed into a bullet state, although it spreads away slowly. Second Plasma and lasers have NOTHING to do with each other. I'm sorry but I'm a huge science geek. A railgun IS the only known way to make a plasma weapon.
Nerdman3000
Nerdman3000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:29 pm

I know plasma is a separate state of matter but calling it is commonly called a highly ionized gas as that is the closest way of describing it without listing all of it's properties.

I've no idea about stars and plasma as all I know is that the Sun works via nuclear fusion.

The lasers thing was me being very tired, sorry about that >.<

I'm pro plasma automatic rifles (which are there anyway) and if by shotgun you mean firing one highly powered projectile (e.g. Firing slugs) as opposed to a spray of pellets then I'm pro that too. The pistol in my opinion people will just ditch as soon as they could as as soon as they kill one terminator they have access to another automatic rifle with an abundance of ammo.
Drakel101
Drakel101

Back to top Go down

Plasma Weapon Converstions Empty Weapons

Post  AussieWookie Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:02 pm

But with only Plasma it dosent realy show that the resistance is the resistance.With only plasma weapons players are just getting the biggst and best.There is no real choices but with other weapons types there is. If someone had to choces between an plasma Rife and a long range rife with AP rounds they have choses. With a veririty of weapons players will thing a bit more Do i wiont to go and get a gun that is easy to shoot or a gun wth more damage.Insted of grabing the biggst and the best players will plane ahead of time and with ammo they may feel more like an resisting force then an Armywith unllmited supplies and ammo.

AussieWookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum